Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SHIT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW: Sneak Peek

Here is a sneak peek at my new book...in a barber shop/beauty salon near you Spring 2011


SHIT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW
Chapter 1: If Dating Is A Game...Why Can't We Both Win?



"Duck Duck Goose!! Soooooooo, I guess I'm the chosen one. I chase you...you chase me. In circles we go. Running nowhere in particular. Just for fun, I guess. Boy, these games we play have GOT to stop!!"



Whether we want to admit it or not, in ALL relationships, games will be played. Men and women have become so accustomed to this game playing that we don't know how to have a meaningful relationship/friendship without them. Think about the dumb shit we do when "getting to know" someone. Not answering when they call to see if they'll call again...giving our partner the silent treatment for no apparent reason, just because...playing phone tag with your crush...the list goes on and on. In the midst of all this game playing, we have forgotten how to have healthy courtships and dating relationships. We have become too busy and focused on coming out as the winner of said games that we miss the opportunity for a healthy meaningful union. You continue the game playing and become stunned when you realize that your "opponent" has stopped playing or moved on to someone who was playing a little more fairly. Then what? you're on to the next one playing the same games, never realizing that eventually you and your potential mate must play on the same team and work towards a common goal.

Wanna know where my patience has completely dwindled? My interactions with men. I have truly lost the desire to play chess with them. Yes, I do think you're attractive...I like you..you like me...Let's just say that and move on to bigger and better possibilities. All this back and forth chasing has to end. I could continue to play this game with you...but why? I'm at a point where my desire to beat around the bush is gone. It's sad that courting has dissolved to this point...very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?