Monday, August 30, 2010

Weddings and Disposable Cameras: Wheretheydothatat?!




So, my big cousin got married this weekend. WOOOOOWWWW!!! The first in the trio to take the big leap, and hopefully not the last...if ya know what I mean. In a way it was kinda weird because although we're all "grown" and doing the adult thing, I can remember all the hilariously crazy and childish things we did when we were younger and now she's MARRIED. Back in the day we were closer than close. I recall numerous weekends spent at her house staying up late begging her to tell me stories about her boyfriends and now she's had her final hoorah and settled down to do the wife thing.

I'm extremely happy for her but also sad in a way, because it feels like I lost her. I know she's not gone anywhere, but now she's somebody's "wife" and you know what the good book says about "forsaking all others" and I feel like I'm gonna be one of those forsaked people (forsaked? Yea, I made that up).

This is the song she came down the aisle to...talk about old school. I thought I was standing in the middle of 1995. We used to sing the SHIT outta this song...."Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue!!!" It took everything in me, not to sing along while she was walking down the aisle.



Her wedding was beautiful in every way imaginable. From the decorations, to the music, to the food, to the people in attendance. Everything went great. I'm sitting here trying to think of anything major or minor that went wrong with the actual ceremony, but I'm drawing a blank. Besides the drama that ensued after the wedding was over, I can't think of anything. Luckily, she had been whisked away by her Prince Charming before all the hoopla popped off...ain't God good?!


Wedding Shout Outs:

The wedding and reception were held in the same place which meant the food was set up behind where the actual ceremony took place. So, first I would like to shout out the cook for coming and dumping a big bucket of ice in the punch in the middle of the ceremony...talk about bad timing.

Shout out to my cousin Felicia for hitting on the bartender and doing everything in her power to get his number...by the way, the bartender was her husband. The whole night she kept asking who he was and saying how handsome he was. Soooooo cute!!



Next, I wanna shout out my Uncle Jerry who took it upon himself to assist the photographer. He got out of his seat and stood up behind the bridesmaids with his disposable camera snapping shots during the nuptials. YESSSS!!! A disposable camera, he was cranking the dial and errrythang. HILARIOUS!!


Shout out to the groomsmen for deciding to switch up the poses during the wedding. They were the brides brothers and cousins so being the protective brothers, they all stood with their arms folded mugging the groom like "Yea dude, you better do right by my sis!!" It was too cute.

Shout out to the heffa who jumped in front of me and made me miss the bouquet...UGH!!! I should'a foot clipped that ho!!
Lastly, shout out to my aunt (the bride's mom) for breaking down in the biggest crocodile tears during the wedding. She was uber emotional about her baby getting married and she did not hold back. AWWWWWW!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?