Saturday, August 7, 2010

Trey Songz Concert: Passion, Pain, and Pleasure

Last night I attended the kick off show for Trey Songz' "Passion, Pain, and Pleasure Tour" and I must say that I was pretty amazed. The quality of the show was well worth the $65+ that I spent for my ticket and Trey and Monica put on amazing performances. I bought my ticket the day they went on sale and I had been keeping up with Trey's reality show on BET and seeing the quality of shows that he put on in other cities, I kept thinking, he better bring that same "umph" when he comes here. After working with a promoter, I am aware of how artists tend to sleep on the Mobile (or any small city) market. They often feel as if doing a show here won't bring in as much revenue, so they either don't do a show here at all or they come here and do a half ass show thinking that it won't matter if they get a bad review from the people here, because "who listens to what we say anyway". I think this is a shitty opinion for artists and show promoters to have, but the people who live here are partially to blame, because when shows do come here, we come out in small numbers and complain about the high ticket prices, yet we rant and rave that noone big ever comes here. WHAT THE HELL DO Y'ALL WANT??!! {I went waaaayy off the original subject, but that needed to be said.}

On a positive note, there wasn't nearly as much fuckery and basic bitchness as I thought there would be, but that didn't stop me from Tweeting and Facebooking about what I did see. Click here to view my Tweets from lastnight:

http://twitter.com/msjrenee1984



Here's some video from the show:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?