Saturday, August 7, 2010

That's What Friends Are For


Starting today I am going to work on being a better friend. I feel like it's my duty. Plus, people can't change unless they know that they NEED to change. If your friend can't accept you telling them the raw and uncut truth, then you probably shouldn't be calling them a "friend" in the first place. Real friends don't sugarcoat shit and send you out in the world lookin' stupid.

Here's how I will become a GOOD friend:

1. I'm going to tell my friend when he is complaining too much about the SAME thing.
*Stop beating a dead damn horse..IT'S DEAD!!!

2. I'm going to tell my friend when she's being a dumb broad.
*He hit you and you forgave him and you were surprised when he hit you again. Really? <~BLANKSTARE~>


3. I'm going to tell my friend that he has GOT to make moves.
*If you want your situation to improve, complaining about it will accomplish nothing. Get off your ass and make something happen.

4. I'm going to tell my friend that her situation won't change until she changes.
*You keep getting approached by AintShitNiggas...it may be because you carry yourself like you ain't shit. Stop hanging out in the same ain't shit places and setting yourself up to be approached by ain't shit men.

SIDENOTE: if you're reading this and you're my friend, I expect you to do the same for me. I already have enough "Yes Men" in my life...I need somebody to tell me "NO" every once in a while.





*It's safe to say that none of the people who had anything to do with this performance were Stevie Wonder's friend...otherwise they wouldn't have guided him out on stage lookin' like he did. Shame on Dionne...shame on Luther...shame on Whitney...shame on the stylist...shame on them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?