Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hoes, Girlfriends, and Wives





As so many of my young friends are navigating the romantic relationship waters, it occurred to me that grocery shopping was like dating in so many ways. On the one hand, the different grocery aisles can be a metaphor for the type of woman you are.





First up, you have the HOE AISLE: This is the most self explanatory aisle, but I will elaborate. You can often find several men in the hoe aisle at the same time and they'll be talking, the 'net will know, her neighbors will know, Facebook & MySpace will know, and most importantly, a man will know when he is dealing with a hoe.





Next, there's the ETERNAL GIRLFRIEND AISLE: There's nothing truly wrong with this aisle. In a perfect world, there would be one man for every Eternal Girlfriend(EG) Aisle. But, we live in the real world and now-a-days you might find 2 or 3 men in the same EG aisle. The girl could be a cheater or the man could be giving her the "we don't need to have a label" talk or the "we have an understanding" B.S. This could also be called the "I Love You, But I Love You More Without A Commitment Aisle".





And finally, there's the WIFE AISLE: This is the aisle that EVERY woman (no matter her true aisle) thinks she's in. Women will give every tangible reason as to why they should be in the Wife aisle. "I cook, I clean, I'm cute, I'm educated, I can change a tire, etc." As if there aren't stupid women, ugly women, or nondomestic women in the world who are wives.


*The wife aisle is the place where men go to find someone with which to spend the rest of their lives. Unlike the hoe aisle, where men just so happen to wander onto, men purposely navigate to the wife aisle. In the eternal girlfriend aisle, men want to have their cake and eat it too. Contrary to popular belief, the wife aisle is not some place where a bunch of elite women reside. Women of all shapes, sizes, religions, moral backgrounds, and beauty (or lack thereof) are chillin' in the wife aisle. I would argue that there are more women in the wife aisle than the hoe aisle, and we all know hoes are plentiful.

It is my opinion that the actions a woman takes, the decisions she makes, and the amount of honesty she has with herself and others dictates which aisle she will find herself on.


SO, WHICH AISLE ARE YOU ON?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?