Monday, July 5, 2010

Intro

I couldn't think of any better way to begin this blog than with a song. Shout out to Janelle Monae for putting the thoughts that I have been unable to articulate for most of my existence into a wonderful song. All of my life I have strived to simply be understood. Understanding from others would be nice, but it is definitely NOT a necessity. I long for understanding of myself. It is so easy to get caught up in the ideas of others and lose sight of what you think is right for yourself. So, simply put...I CAN ONLY BE ME and sometimes it gets super lonely. Yes...I said it. And I will shout it from the rooftops: sometimes I am terribly, horribly, disgustingly, lonely!! And I am not ashamed to say it. I can be in a crowded room and still feel all alone. Loneliness is a part of life. If you've never experienced it...you're not alive.

Ms. Monae said it best..."it's so lonely, when I'm only being me"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?