Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm Not A Player, I Just Crush Alot

After a conversation with the homey at work today, I have come to the conclusion that I am a professional crusher. Most, if not ALL of my "relationships" came to their demise right after the crush phase ended. Except for the one that I got a child from...but he was so wack and dry I don't even count him.

Can I remember my first bonafide crush? Yep! I was 13 years old. A late crusher by today's standards. Girls now-a-days start lusting after "the penised ones" (AKA boys) right outta the womb. I was a huge tomboy so my only interaction with boys up until that point was through playing sports and games and such. My first crush was no different, I met him while I was in a summer tennis camp. His group home (I know right?!) came to the camp for a field trip or some shit...who knows? He was there...he was cute...he was funny...I was crushing. Crazy thing is, I never saw him again after that day. First crush down the drain.

My next substantial crush came a few months later when I started my freshman year in high school. He was a football player. He was really funny. I'd be lying if I said he was cute, but looks don't really matter, do they? <*BLANKSTARE*> I crushed on him all through freshman year (hell, most of high school too) but nothing ever came of it. And now he's engaged to a family member of a family member...can you say WEIRD?!

There were lots of other crushes and fantasy boos in between. Often more than one at a time, but that's my prerogative. But none really significant enough to tell y'all about. Now, let's get to the most recent. I had a lil' crush on him a few years ago, but it was cut kinda short, because he had "other obligations". [DONTJUDGEME] But thanks to Facebook, we "found" each other again. Good ol' Facebook pimpin' at it's finest. He still had those "other obligations", but you know how that goes, and if you don't then you don't need to be enlightened. Anywho, we talked for a while, and went out a few times. But as always, things fizzled down to the abyss of nothingness. I'm a little flustered about it, only because it seemed to have promising qualities. I have nothing bad to say about him as a man, I just feel that he was still a little dazed and confused about what he wanted to do about his "other obligation" and I can't be leading no grown ass man.

Now, it's on to the next one. Another one bites the dust. And I'm still here...still me...still a chronic crusher.

cue Big Pun wit' my GOT damn theme music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?