Thursday, July 29, 2010

Learn How To Spell...GOT Damnit!!!

Today's Affirmation: I am associated with a WHOLE lot of dumb ass people. I have tried for so long to give some of the people that I'm friends with on Facebook the benefit of the doubt, but I have painfully come to the conclusion that I went to school with some Leap Frog/Learn To Read/Hooked on Phonics/My Baby Can Read ass muhfuckas.One or two misspelled words I can understand. One or two words used out of context, I can understand. But what I can NOT understand is how you can think "they're" and "their" is the same word...or how you can use the word "are" where you should be using "or". These things may seem minimal to some, but I'm a grammar geek and what seems small to you is killing me softly every time one of these posts comes up in my newsfeed. I damn near need the Rosetta Stone to decode some of these damn statuses and enough is enough. I feel that it is my duty to school these idiots on proper word usage.




Facebook English/Spelling/Grammar class is now in session. Please be seated quietly and take out your pencils and writing pads to take notes.

*(let me go visit the pages of some of these repeat offenders so I can put focus on the words/phrases that are misused the most...I already have a few people in mind)

One of my Facebook chums posted the following:

"hey fb, i'm so board the hubby went to play basketball and the little one is gone for the hole week my aunt wanted to spend some time wit her but i miss her already smh..."

-no bitch...I'm shaking MY head!!


COMMONLY MISUSED WORDS:

1. here ~ hear (ex. girl, did you here about such and such...)
2. are ~ or (ex. wassup man, you wanna go shoot pool are go to the club?)
3. pass ~ past (ex. hey girl...I heard your granddaddy past....)
4. come ~ cum <<<<< this is a serious no-no
5. their ~ they're (ex. I gotta get my kids a outfit for they're party.)
6. loss ~ lost (ex. sorry for your lost...)


*Please do better. I'm available for tutoring. Inbox me...serious inquiries only.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wachuthink?